Thursday 22nd May, Heritage Hotel, Portlaoise
Come along to this free event and have your say on growing old in Ireland. You can book by calling 057-866 6377 or email firstname.lastname@example.org You can also just come along on the evening.
7:30pm Registration / Refreshments / Attendees View Exhibition Stand Helplink South, Bluebird Care, Task, Laois Injury Clinic
8:00pm Welcome by Eddie O’Toole, Operations Director, Bluebird Care
8:05pm Master of Ceremonies, Newstalk Broadcaster George Hook
Video “Homecare & Healthcare”
8:10pm Interview with Consultant Geriatrician at the Mater Hospital Dublin, Mr. Dermot Power on Minding your Memory & Mental Health - Dementia/Alzheimer's Disease
8: 30pm George introduces Panel I and Shows Video Clip "Growing Old is a Virtue"
The Importance of Active Ageing for Health, Well Being and Social Inclusion
- Peter Kavanagh, Information & Networking Officer, Active Retirement Ireland
- Fr. Jackie Robinson, Parish Priest, Borris in Ossory
9:00pm George Introduces Panel II and shows Video Clip: "The Impact of Austerity on Older People"
- Robin Webster, CEO, Age Action
- Susie Hall, Association of Retired Public Servants Association
- Philip O’Reilly, National Co-ordinator Older Persons Services, RESPOND
9:35pm Video: "Older People Have Their Say"
9:40pm Closing interview with Eddie O’Toole, Bluebird Care
9:45pm Close and sum up by George Hook / Photos