Training and continuing professional development is an important aspect of Bluebird Care's staff development programme. Evidence of this is the recent training undertaken by the team in Carlow, Kilkenny and Waterford.
Director Brian Egan says his staff show a great willingness to complete on the job training and have an appetite to learn new skills. "In the past six weeks we have completed a series of training courses which add value to our customers' care."
- Induction Training: Given by Bluebird Care's Care Manager, Liz Carey Miller, RGN
- Manual Handling & Patient Moving Training: Given by a specialised external provider
- CPI – Crises Prevention Intervention - Given by Bluebird Care Supervisor Jackie O’Neill who is a Qualified MAPA CPI Instructor
- Medication Management – Given by Bluebird Care Senior Supervisor Luan Lyons, RGN
- Children First Training – Given by our Bluebird Care staff who liase with the HSE Children First Officer
- Elder Abuse Training – liaising with the HSE Senior Social Worker for Elder Abuse
- Incontinence Training with the HSE
- Tracheostomy Care Training Days
- Peg Care with Nutritia
Brian Egan says, "As well as the above training we continue to roll out our Continuous Professional Development e-training programme with recent modules on Aspergers and Autism as well as Basic First Aid."