Job Title: Care Supervisor (Registered Nurse)
Job Location: Main base Waterford and supporting staff and clients throughout Carlow, Kilkenny and Waterford
Role of Care Supervisor
The Care Supervisor is a Registered Nurse who has extensive operational experience. The Care Supervisor supports our Care Workers in ensuring that excellent care is provided to our clients. The Care Supervisor helps provide training, mentorship and guidance to our care staff within the care environment and also supports the supervision process by carrying out supervisions and maintaining supervision records.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to delegate tasks efficiently
- Ability to teach, mentor and supervise
- Ability to work within a team
Your responsibilities as a Care Supervisor include . . .
- The efficient running of care activities within the service
- The carrying out of supervision visits and the maintenance of supervision records
- The provision of mentorship and guidance within the care environment and to participate in care activities as part of the supervision process
- Line manage, supervise and support the Health Care Assistant
- Liaise with Care Staff, Customer, Family members etc.
Qualifications & Experience
- A Care Supervisor should have a nursing qualification and be registered on the live register of NMBI.
- A minimum of one to two years’ experience working as a Registered Nurse is essential
- Experience of staff management is desirable
- Driving licence is essential
- This position is available on a full-time/ permanent basis