SUMMARY OF POST: Have you a kind and caring nature ? Healthcare worker's required for full and part-time hours in the community. A unique and exciting opportunity has arisen to become part of an exclusive team caring for individuals in the community using a person centred approach. The role of the care worker is to perform duties and tasks to facilitate our customers to live at home in a safe secure and comfortable way. Must have a genuine regard for the welfare and quality of life of others.
Minimum of 2 modules Fetac Level 5 (Care Skills and Care of the Elderly).
- Responsible and trustworthy disposition.
- Genuine care for others.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Experience in care provision.
- Own transport.
- Flexible availability.
- Key Competencies:
- To be able to attend all rostered customer care visits
- To be able to communicate with other people
- To be able to deliver care according to care plan
- To be able to create and maintain high standards of person-centred care
The role may involve some or all of the following.
- Assist customers to get up, dressing and preparing them for their day
- Washing, bathing, showering, oral care, grooming.
- Toileting, assisting with use of commode, emptying commode.
- Continence management
- Using manual handling equipment as specified.
- Working with other care professionals such as PHN’s, GPs, etc.
- Prompting with prescribed medication, when required
- Assist customers with bedtime routine, including undressing and washing
- Preparation of meals and assistance with same
- To keep accurate records of care visits.
1 year experience in a care setting: 1 year
To apply please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com or call 01 820 8250