SUMMARY OF POSTS: Have you a kind and caring nature? Healthcare worker's required for full and part-time hours in the community. A unique and exciting opportunity has arisen to become part of an exclusive team caring for individuals in the community using a person centred approach. The role of the healthcare assistant is to perform duties and tasks to facilitate our customers to live at home in a safe secure and comfortable way. Must have a genuine regard for the welfare and quality of life of others.
We are hiring Healthcare Assistants in Limerick City & Newcastlewest
Minimum of 2 modules Fetac Level 5 (Care Skills and Care of the Elderly).
Responsible and trustworthy disposition.
Genuine care for others.
Good communication skills.
Ability to follow instructions.
Experience in care provision.
To be able to attend all rostered customer care visits
To be able to communicate with other people
To be able to deliver care according to care plan
To be able to create and maintain high standards of person centred care
The role may involve some or all of the following.
- Assist customers to get up, dressing and preparing them for their day
- Washing, bathing, showering, oral care, grooming.
- Toileting, assisting with use of commode, emptying commode.
- Continence management
- Using manual handling equipment as specified.
- Working with other care professionals such as PHN’s, GPs, etc.
- Prompting with prescribed medication, when required
- Assist customers with bedtime routine, including undressing and washing
- Preparation of meals and assistance with same
- To keep accurate records of care visits.
- 1 year experience in a care setting: 1 year
REGISTERED NURSES REQUIRED THROUGHOUT LIMERICK CITY & COUNTY
We are hiring registered nurses throughout Limerick City and County.
- Must be registered with An Bord Altranais
- Successfully complete Bluebird Care recruitment process
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Desire to work in community setting
- Willing to undertake further on-the-job training
Full support given to nursing staff from Clinical Nurse Managers
Interested? Email your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com