Healthcare Assistants required for full and part-time hours in the community. You have a unique and exciting opportunity to become part of an exclusive team which facilitates our customers to live at home safely, securely and in comfort, using a person-centered approach. Your regard for the welfare and quality of life of others lies in your professional approach to your duties and responsibilities.
Your must have a genuine regard for the welfare and quality of life of others.
- Minimum of 2 modules QQI (Formerly Fetac) Level 5: Care Skills and Care of the Elderly.
- At least one year’s experience in care provision.
- Responsible and trustworthy disposition. Genuine care for others.
- Own transport and a full driving license.
- Good communication skills: be responsible and reliable, able to follow instructions, report efficiently and show flexible availability.
- To attend all rostered customer care visits.
- To deliver care according to the designated care plan.
- To create and maintain high standards of person-centered care.
- To uphold the values of Bluebird Care.
The role may involve some or all of the following.
- Assist customers to get up, dress and prepare for their day.
- Washing, bathing, showering, oral care, grooming.
- Toileting, assisting with use of commode, emptying commode.
- Continence management.
- Using manual handling equipment as specified.
- Working with other care professionals such as PHN’s, GPs.
- Prompting with prescribed medication, when required.
- Assist customers with bedtime routine, including undressing and washing.
- Preparation of meals and dining assistance.
- To keep accurate records of care visits.
POSITIONS AVAILABLE IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
- Athlone, Co. Westmeath
- Athleague, Co. Roscommon
- Kilbeggan, Co. Westmeath
- Aughnacliffe, Co. Longford
- Rotchfortbridge, Co. Westmeath
- Kinnegad, Co. Westmeath
- Killucan, Co. Westmeath
- Ballinasloe, Co. Roscommon
- Castlepollard, Co. Westmeath
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants to send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org