We are hiring Healthcare Assistants to provide care to people in their own homes in South Dublin.
Our ideal candidate will be flexible to complete duties during quite periods, be of a kind and caring nature and be able to work on their own initiative.
Essential qualities of a Healthcare Assistant include having a genuine concern for others, having the ability to demonstrate kindness, compassion and patience, follow instructions and maintain confidentiality, be punctual, have good English language proficiency and good written and verbal skills.
Your responsibilities as a Healthcare Assistant include:
- Assist the customer with activities of living i.e. bathing, showering, continence care etc. as outlined in the customer care plan
- Pay due care and attention to all aspects of care duties carried out on behalf of the customer
- Provide a high standard of care in line with the requirements outlined in the customer care plan
Qualifications & Experience
- All Healthcare Assistants must have obtained QQI approved Level 5 Modules ‘Care of the Older Person’ and ‘Care Skills’ (Healthcare Support 5M4339) or have a minimum of one year experience as a Healthcare Assistant and be in a position to undertake the two QQI Level 5 modules outlined above.
- Experience of caring for others in a professional capacity is desirable
- Bluebird Care will support suitable candidates to attain the QQI Level 5 qualification. Applicants must supply suitable character references and be prepared to complete a Garda vetting application form.
- Successful candidates will be given full training & given support to complete Fetac courses.
- This position is available on a full-time/part-time, temporary/permanent contract basis
- Flexible working hours
To apply for this position email your CV to: email@example.com