We are recruiting an RGN or RNID to work as a Care Supervisor within our busy office and covering counties Sligo and Mayo.
This role will suit a person looking to work in the private sector in community-based health and social care.
- Implementation of quality control procedures
- Carrying out customer assessments prior to commencement of care service.
- Writing up Customer Care plans and reviewing same
- Maintaining Customers Files with all necessary information
- Attending customer’s first call to introduce the care worker to the customer
- To liaise closely with care coordinators to ensure correct customer/care worker matching for new customers. This may involve attending care worker training sessions and meetings in order to select the most suitable care worker
- When on call, in the event of an existing care worker being unable to do any calls, for whatever reason, assigning suitable alternative care workers for those calls, until such time as the permanent care worker is able to return to work
- In extreme circumstances delivering care to customers who otherwise would not receive a visit
- Supervising Care staff and carrying out reviews
- To attend customer reviews
- To implement all field based training programmes
- To ensure that all changes to care schedules are reported, without delay, to the Care Co-ordinators
- To maintain all reporting and recording procedures are up to date
- To liaise closely with care coordinators, care manager, customers and care workers
- To carry an equal proportion of the on‑call responsibilities with the care manager/co-ordinator
- To ensure rigorous adherence to all Bluebird Care systems
It is essential that the supervisor assumes responsibility for the efficient running of the care packages
It is essential that Supervisor spends 50% of their working week in the field, the balance being spent in the office in order to complete their necessary administration. Supervisors’ should arrange to vary their hours of work in order that they can monitor all care being provided and so that their care workers know that they are constantly being monitored and supported.
Although the role of Supervisors includes a certain amount of “policing” they should be seen to be playing a supportive role by the care workers and customers.
Apply online or call our office to get any additional queries addressed.
Call (071) 915 5008 or email firstname.lastname@example.org