This vacancy is initially based in Ballintubber, Castlerea, Co. Roscommon supporting one adult female with high support needs and advancing dementia.
The nurse will be required to work flexibly over a 7-day basis. Waking night duty is an essential requirement of the post.
It will also be a requirement that the nurse is available for flexible work patterns, such as, working evenings, weekends or days etc.
Ballintubber is located:
- 30 mins from Lanesborough
- 16 mins from Roscommon
- 34 mins for Carrick-On-Shannon
Qualifications / Experience
- Have a recognised qualification in nursing (RNID desirable) and be currently registered in an appropriate division of the Register of An Bord Altranais (N.M.B.I.).
- An interest in, and ideally experience of working with people with severe to profound intellectual disabilities with high support needs.
- A full clean driving licence, Garda Vetting and two referees essential
- A record of the suite of Training is required – Manual handling and Person moving, Safeguarding, Infection control, Risk management, Report writing and Record keeping.
This service provides a high standard of support that is responsive to the individual needs of the customer. There is a focus on learning through everyday activities. Opportunities for people to build skills in areas of communication, self-care and living skills are supported. People are supported to live inclusively in their local communities and be active participants.