free web stats

Tax Relief

Can I claim Tax Relief?

Income tax relief is available to our customers or their relatives at their top rate of tax, subject to conditions. This means that you could receive tax relief of up to 40% of the cost of our service. It is also possible to claim this relief as part of your tax credits, thereby receiving the benefit as part of your weekly or monthly salary.

Others want to contribute

When more than one person is paying the costs of Home Care, the Tax Relief may be divided between the contributors pro-rata to their contributions, once the total does not exceed €75,000 in any Tax Year.

Who else can claim?

You, your spouse or a relative. "A relative" includes relation by marriage and also a person for whom the claimant is, or was, the legal guardian.

How do I claim?

You need to complete the form HK1 "Claim for an allowance for employing a Carer/Personal Assistant". This form is attached to the IT 47 "Employed Person Taking Care of an Incapacitated Individual" which is included in this information guide. This form would then be submitted to the Inspector of Taxes in your local area.

Do I pay VAT on the Service?

No. The services offered by Bluebird Care are VAT exempt.