National recruitment campaign underway with 370 new roles across the Republic of Ireland
- Bluebird Care to increase its service delivery by 20 percent
- A range of new roles, including Registered Nurses and Healthcare Assistants required in all locations
- Recruitment fairs to take place across the country including in Galway, Wexford and the across the Dublin region
Bluebird Care, one of Ireland’s leading providers of homecare, is proud to announce that over the coming months, it will create over 370 jobs in its 26 offices across the country, growing its health and social care team by over 20 per cent. Set up in Ireland in 2007, these new jobs will support Bluebird Care in the delivery of person-centred care to even more individuals, with very diverse needs, within the home setting and local community.
Managing Director of Bluebird Care said “We are delighted to announce an increase in the range and type of services across the country by adding an additional 370 people to our existing staffing complement. The diverse nature of our range of services means that we can deliver safe, effective care in the customers own home which is often their preferred choice. This dynamic work environment, therefore offers interesting, flexible, and rewarding employment opportunities for key care staff, and in this regard, we are delighted to be in a position to announce our plans to recruit enthusiastic, caring people to our organisation”.
About Bluebird Care Staff
Before entering the workplace all Bluebird Care staff:
- Are personally interviewed
- Vigorously reference checked (including all previous employers)
- Must have received acceptable Garda Clearance
- Must have a 3rd level qualification in a relevant health related subject
- Must attend and complete comprehensive Induction, Orientation and Manual Handling training
- Must complete shadowing module with experienced senior staff and Supervisors
All staff are employed directly by Bluebird Care; thus Bluebird Care deal with the administering of payroll, taxes, PRSI and provide comprehensive public liability and employers liability insurance.
Bluebird Care always have staff on call and one of the benefits of using Bluebird Care is that we can sustain our services at short notice, even if a staff member is unable to work as planned. Bluebird Care staff are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week if any emergencies should arise.
Welcoming the announcement of the creation of 370 new roles, Tánaiste and Minister for Job, Enterprise and Innovation, Frances Fitzgerald TD said “I am delighted that Bluebird Care is expanding its workforce by 20 per cent. Indeed, I am especially pleased to see the creation of jobs across the country. Bluebird’s commitment to hiring in the local community and offering to train local people up to care for those most vulnerable in their community is to be commended.”