Job Title: Healthcare Assistant
Job Location: Sligo Town
Role of Healthcare Assistant
The Healthcare Assistant’s primary role is to deliver personal care and assistance to a customer in his/her own home. Healthcare Assistants are responsible for the implementation of the requirements of the customer care plan, perform the identified care duties and promote customer comfort, dignity and wellbeing.
Essential qualities of a Healthcare Assistant include having a genuine concern for others, having the ability to demonstrate kindness, compassion and patience, follow instructions and maintain confidentiality, be punctual, have good English language proficiency with good written and verbal skills.
Responsibilities of a Healthcare Assistant include
- Assist the customer with activities of living i.e. bathing, showering, continence care etc. as outlined in the customer care plan
- Pay due care and attention to all aspects of care duties carried out on behalf of the customer
- Carry out personal care with respect and dignity at all times, demonstrating sensitivity and empathy with the customer
- Provide a high standard of care in line with the requirements outlined in the customer care plan
Qualifications & Experience
- All Healthcare Assistants must have obtained QQI approved Level 5 Modules ‘Care of the Older Person’ and ‘Care Skills’ (Healthcare Support 5M4339) or have a minimum of one year experience as a Healthcare Assistant and be in a position to undertake the two QQI Level 5 modules outlined above.
- Experience of caring for others in a professional capacity is desirable
- Guaranteed hour contracts
- 18hr and 35hr Contracts available
- Rate of pay from €12 per hour
- Holiday’s and mileage paid