Bluebird Care are delighted to be working with the Dementia Understand Together team and would like to share a recent update and some of the great work being carried out nationwide.
An Update from Understand Together:
Following on from their Community Champions’ event in October we are delighted to share with you a 2 minute highlights video which captures the positive spirit of the day. https://youtu.be/qompmUuwwK0
We would be delighted if you would share this video amongst your family, friends, colleagues and wider community to help us grow their network of community champions and inspire others to take on actions to support a person with dementia and their family.
These are just some of the many actions that have taken place or are planned since the Champions’ event in October:
– A new monthly Memory Café will be launched on December 5th in the beautiful “Bookworm” in Thurles.
– In Arklow a dementia awareness talk will be held on December 6th with representatives of the Age Friendly alliance.
– Representatives of libraries will take part in a focus group meeting in Dublin on December 10th to share their thoughts on how we can support all libraries in Ireland to be dementia inclusive.
– A pilot scheme in Raheny’s Supervalue was launched. The ‘Getting the Messages’ initiative involves staff training and additional supports such as signage, appropriate displays and seating to create a dementia inclusive environment.
– Members of the Alzheimer Society of Ireland are mapping their local community in Ashbourne and planning the first actions to make it dementia inclusive.
– In Wicklow a dementia awareness talk is planned with representatives of local businesses.