Job Title: Care Assistant (Health/Social Care)
Job Location: Wicklow, Rathdrum, Ashford, Glenealy, Redcross
Role of Healthcare Assistant
The Care Assistant’s primary role is to deliver personal care and assistance to a client in his/her own home. Care Assistants are responsible for the implementation of the requirements of the clients care plan, perform identified care duties and promote client comfort, dignity and wellbeing.
Your responsibilities as a Care Assistant include . . .
- Assist the client with Activities of Living
- Pay due care and attention to all aspects of care duties carried out on behalf of the client
- Provide a high standard of care in compliance with Bluebird Care Policies
Qualifications & Experience
- Care Assistants must have obtained QQI approved Level 5 Modules Care of the Older Person and Care Skills/Healthcare Support.
- Or have a minimum of one-year experience caring for others and be in a position to undertake the two modules outlined above.
Essential qualities of a Care Assistant include having a genuine concern for others, having the ability to demonstrate kindness, compassion and patience.
- Full-time/part-time, temporary/permanent contracts available
- Flexible working hours
- €12.00 Euro per hour Mon to Saturday and €14.20 on Sundays. Half hour rates are €8.00 Euro Monday to Saturday and €9 Euro on Sundays
- Own transport preferable, mileage paid
- Free uniforms
- We provide free Personal Protection Equipment – masks/gloves/aprons/uniforms/overshoes/spirigel
- We Pay Mileage of 25c per mile between customers
- Our payroll is fortnightly, not monthly
- Refer A Friend scheme, you can earn a pre-paid Credit Card for €250 euro for introducing a friend to Bluebird Care.
- 24 hour emergency support from office
- Use of technology, our BRAT system gives everyone easy access to their roster at the touch of a button. No need for paper timesheets or the confusion caused by getting revised rosters emailed
- Free Moving & Handling Training & Safeguarding Training
- We provide subsidised training for care workers’ who need to attain the two QQI Level 5 modules – Care Of The Elderly and Care Skills; we offer assistance with applying for funding where applicable
Contact us if you would like to know more about this position
Call: 0404 31177