Job Title: Care Assistant
Job Location: Macroom
Role of Healthcare Assistant
The Care Assistant’s primary role is to deliver personal care and assistance to a client in his/her own home. Care Assistants are responsible for the implementation of the requirements of the clients care plan, perform identified care duties and promote client comfort, dignity and wellbeing.
Your responsibilities as a Care Assistant include . . .
- Assist the client with Activities of Living
- Pay due care and attention to all aspects of care duties carried out on behalf of the client
- Provide a high standard of care in compliance with Bluebird Care Policies
- Transporting to school and supporting with school activities
Qualifications & Experience
- Patient Moving & Manual Handling
- QQI Level 5 Care of the Elderly and Care Skills
- 1 – 2 Experience of working with people with intellectual disability and/or autism
- MAPA trained desirable
- Very good communication and team working skills
Essential qualities of a Care Assistant include having a genuine concern for others, having the ability to demonstrate kindness, compassion and patience.
- Flexible working hours
- Attractive rates of pay and employee benefits
- Own transport required
Contact us if you would like to know more about this position
Tel: 021 2019567
Only applicants meeting the criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process. Bluebird Care are an equal opportunities employer.