Role of Registered Nurse (RGN or RCN)
Location: Cork city
We are looking for adaptable individuals that are able to provide commitment to the children with complex care needs we support in the community. Your role extends to supporting the family as they are at the center of the child’s circle of support.
The role incorporates the day to day management of patients within the community under the supervision of the Care Manager/ CNM2. The successful candidate will be part of Nurse led care teams.
It is essential you have current NMBI registration and have good communication skills. Relevant experience working with children / young people would be beneficial.
Responsibilities include . . .
- Provide excellent evidenced based nursing care and implement all aspects of the child’s care plans based on the needs identified
- To prioritise the needs and comforts of the child and family
- To safeguard the interest of the child at all times
- Work closely in partnership with family members
- Act as a liaison between the family and the care team
- To promote the recognition of the child as an individual
- Demonstrate kindness, compassion and respect
- To be committed to the care and concern of children
Qualifications & Experience
- Tracheostomy experience essential or a willingness to undertake Tracheostomy training.
- Registered Nurse on live register of NMBI
- 2 years Paediatric experience
- Resuscitation training
- Patient Moving and Handling
- Part-time hours available
- Attractive rates of pay and employee benefits
- Start: Immediately post reference checks and Garda Vetting.
Contact us if you would like to know more about this position
Telephone: 021 4279116