Job Title: Supervisor (Registered Nurse)
Job location: Carlow, Kilkenny & Waterford
Bluebird Care are a leading provider of Care and Support services for clients of all ages at home and in the local community in Carlow, Kilkenny and Waterford and forms part of the national Bluebird Care Network which employs over 2,500 staff throughout Ireland.
Role of Supervisor:
Provide relevant expertise to support existing care arrangements to Bluebird Care customers and their families. Carrying out needs assessments and develop customer care plans. Providing direct supervision of Care Staff and monitoring of care standards. Will have a key role in supporting and managing the performance, practice and functional elements of the Care Assistant role. Reports to the Clinical Nurse Manager at the franchise and will form part of our strong Supervision Team in Bluebird Care Carlow, Kilkenny and Waterford. To note that a number of experience Registered Nurses and CNMs will act as mentors for this Supervisor role.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing excellent evidenced based care and implement all aspects of the care plans based on the needs identified and review accordingly.
- Provide mentorship and support to community based Care Staff as required & Conduct care supervision visits in a wide variety of practice settings
- Provide direct support to community based clients and monitoring of care standards & Employ a best practice approach in the care of customers
Qualifications & Experience
- Registered Nurse on live register of NMBI. RNID desirable for this current role OR Registered Nurse (RGN/RPN) with an interest/experience in Disabilities and ideally Autism.
- At least 6 months post Qualification experience in the Area of Disabilities and relevant experience, awareness and interest in Autism desirable
Essential qualities include demonstrating kindness, respect and compassion in care provision for Bluebird Care customers and their families and the ability to effectively communicate with excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Full-time, permanent contract available.
- Flexible working hours (to be discussed, Monday to Friday hours mainly)
- Attractive salary and employee benefits
Contact us if you would like to know more about this position