Job Title: Care Assistant (Health/Social Care)
Job Location: Portumna
Role of Healthcare Assistant
The Care Assistant’s primary role is to deliver personal care and assistance to a client in his/her own home. Care Assistants are responsible for the implementation of the requirements of the clients care plan, perform identified care duties and promote client comfort, dignity and wellbeing.
Your responsibilities as a Care Assistant include . . .
- Assist the client with Activities of Living
- Pay due care and attention to all aspects of care duties carried out on behalf of the client
- Provide a high standard of care in compliance with Bluebird Care Policies
Qualifications & Experience
- Care Assistants must have obtained QQI approved Level 5 Modules Care of the Older Person and Care Skills/Healthcare Support.
- Or have a minimum of one-year experience caring for others and be in a position to undertake the two modules outlined above.
Essential qualities of a Care Assistant include having a genuine concern for others, having the ability to demonstrate kindness, compassion and patience.
- This position is available on a full-time/part-time, temporary/permanent contract basis.
- Flexible working hours to match your lifestyle and family commitments
- Fully supported by our professional team of Managers, Clinical Leads, Coordinators, Supervisors and Staff Mentors
- Attractive rates of pay plus Sunday premium
- Mileage expenses paid
- In-house QQI Level 5 training in Healthcare Support
- Free Life Insurance
- Staff discount schemes
- Job sharing opportunities
- Career progression opportunities
- Out of hours support