Job Title: Home Care Assistant (Carers that drive only)
Job Location: Frenchpark, Co. Roscommon / Castlerea, Co. Roscommon
Role of Healthcare Assistant
The Care Assistant’s primary role is to deliver personal care and assistance to a client in his/her own home. Care Assistants are responsible for the implementation of the requirements of the clients care plan, perform identified care duties and promote client comfort, dignity and wellbeing.
Your responsibilities as a Care Assistant include . . .
- Assist the client with Activities of Living
- Pay due care and attention to all aspects of care duties carried out on behalf of the client
- Provide a high standard of care in compliance with Bluebird Care Policies
Qualifications & Experience
- Care Assistants must have obtained QQI approved Level 5 Modules Care of the Older Person and Care Skills/Healthcare Support.
- Or have experience caring for others and be in a position to undertake the two modules outlined above.
Essential qualities of a Care Assistant include having a genuine concern for others, having the ability to demonstrate kindness, compassion and patience.
- Part-time and Full-time permanent contracts available
- Option to work seasonal hours
- Local employment
- Flexible working hours
- Attractive rates of pay and employee benefits
- Paid annual leave
- Mileage allowance in addition to the basic rate of pay
- Own transport required
- Free online QQI Level 5 training for Care of the Older Person and Care Skills modules
- Ongoing training provided
- Out of hours support
Contact us if you would like to know more about this position
Telephone: 090 6491044