Bluebird Care Coronavirus Statement – January 2021
Bluebird Care would like to reassure our customers and their families that all measures are being taken to protect the health and wellbeing of our customers and staff. We are strictly following the advice and guidelines of the Health Service Executive (HSE) and Public Health and keeping fully abreast of developments relating to the continued spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Ireland has been experiencing a period of sustained transmission of Covid-19. The best way to prevent infection and spread is to avoid being exposed to it.
You can help to prevent the spread by doing the following:
- Wash your hands often
- Cover your mouth when coughing or sneezing
- Avoid touching your face
- Keep surfaces clean
- Stop shaking hands and hugging
- Keep a safe distance (at least 2 metres apart)
- Cover your mouth and nose by wearing a face covering when in enclosed spaces.
For updated Covid-19 information and advice you can call the HSE Helpline on 1850 24 1850 or use the link https://www2.hse.ie/coronavirus
Here you will find information on:
- Protect yourself and others
- People at higher risk
- Managing Covid-19 at home
- Staying well during the Covid-19 pandemic
- Parents and carers
- Translated information
- Downloadable guides
If you have any symptoms, suspect you have Covid-19 or have been in contact with a confirmed Covid-19 case, self-isolate and contact your GP. An early diagnosis from your GP means you can get the help you need and avoid spreading the virus if you have it.
- A fever (high temperature – 38 degrees Celsius or above)
- A new cough – this can be any kind of cough, not just dry
- Shortness of breath or breathing difficulties
- Loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
You may not have all of these symptoms and it can take up to 14 days for symptoms to show. They can be similar to symptoms of cold and flu.
Call the emergency services on 112 or 999 if you are very short of breath. For example, if you are so short of breath that you cannot complete a sentence.